Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

New to the forum and Ramblers in general!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Ramblers.  I recently acquired a '63 American, the most basic model.  I apologize for not knowing more about it; I'm a long time gearhead, but more comfortable with other makes.  My wife drove a '62 American way back when we were in college and I've always had a soft spot for them; when this one became available I thought it'd be a blast to pick up.  It's in great shape, but I have too many cars!  So, I've listed it in the cars and parts for sale.  I do like this little car, though.  Two door sedan (post), really clean body; just a little rust behind each of the front fenderwells.  The grille and trim are terrific, and this will make a great little car.  The interior is worn, but the gauge panel is basically in perfect shape.  If I ever do get to building it (it's in line behind 4 other cars), I look forward to creating something really cool.

I'm a retired industrial arts teacher (31 years), and my retirement business is making custom shifter knobs for peoples' cars.  The business has grown enough that I do only wholesale work, so I'm not really plugging myself here; my username pretty much says it all, just add .com and you'll find me!  I live in northeast Wyoming.  I'll explore and enjoy the forum; I know I'll find plenty of inspiration for the Rambler here.

Regards,
Koolknobs
Back to the top

Welcome to The AMC Heritage Forum, koolknobs.  Always good to have newcomers to the wonderful world of Rambler.  Feel free to ask questions and we can bring you up to speed.
Back to the top

My first car (back in about 1966) was a 1961 Austin Mini… fun but somewhat troublesome. My second car in about 1968 was a 1963 Rambler American 330, sidevalve 6cyl, 4 door, 3 on the tree. I LOVED that car. Drove it anywhere anytime, rallied it regularly and even painted it red/white/blue! Traded it towards a really sweet 6cyl, automatic, '68 Javelin. I'd happily have another R/W/B '63 American if I had the space!
David

On second thought……
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.