Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

New AMC History Book

New AMC History Book

New AMC History Book

I was on Amazon.com about a week ago buying a book and I needed another book for the order. I looked under AMC and found a new AMC History book that came out Nov. 15th that I was unaware of. It's called "Storied Independent Automakers" by Charles K. Hyde. I found out I had an earlier effort by him on Chrysler that I found to be more of a business history , that I did not care much for. Mr. Hyde who is a history professor at Wayne State in Michigan had previously written some books on light houses. So, I had a fairly low expectation for his book, on Rambler 1902 up including some on the bicycle business,Nash,Hudson, and AMC until the end when Chrysler bought the company. His second effort at a car book has come out much better. It's still about 60/40 percent business history over cars. You find few pictures the have not been seen before and if you looking for how many Big Bad Javelin were made in 1969 , no you won't find that. But over all book is a very complete history of AMC and it's primary predecessor companies. Anice addition to any serious AMC guys collection. LRDaum  :)
Back to the top

Re: New AMC History Book

Might be worth looking at.  Thanks for the head's up.

AMC Eagle Evolution Forums and Wiki http://forums.amcevolution.com/index.php
Back to the top

Re: New AMC History Book

It's rare that the Jeffery years get any serious treatment, especially the bicycle business.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.