Skip navigation
Banner: Hostagator Web Hosting

Contract: Login Login / Search

electric dizzy in early ramblers???

electric dizzy in early ramblers???

g'day ya all :)
im wondering,since chevy v8 dizzy internals /cap etc is the same for my 64 rambler 287,i was thinking about possibilies of  puttin in a elctronic dizzy set up /or a chev HEI  unit  in my 287 …has anyone done this before ,i reckon it could be straight foward mod but i dunno ….wot do ya guys think????
on ya
aussie g ;)
Back to the top

Re: electric dizzy in early ramblers???

At the least you can use the Pertronix brand points replacement module.  It's an elecronic controller chip that mounts exactly where the points mount.  It's supposed to be very straightforward, and I have only heard good reviews on its performance.

They have a line of electronics called Flamethrower.  Jacobs Electronic Ignition is another good company for these kind of things, don't know about points replacement modules, but they have wicked coils, boxes, and distributors/accessories.  If your part of Australia is the same as my part of Arizona, you need the best ignition possible, to eliminate that 100 miles from home thing.  Carry spares, always.

It doesn't matter what brought the car down, once you dry up and blow away…
mike
Back to the top

Re: electric dizzy in early ramblers???

Breakerless Ignition

where are you aussie? sorry for using the same user name, I didn't realise. I have 1963, 1964 parts for trade or sale if you are interested.

RTFM
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.