Skip navigation
CRMB Banner Small

Contract: Login Login / Search

Dad's stories

Dad's stories

My dad told me a few things he did while driving

He had his maroon 65 Impala SS, his girlfriend (before my mom, obviously) in the passenger seat, they were going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge, from NJ to DE, as they approached the tolls, my dad grabbed the steering wheel hard and popped it off (he stripped a few bolts and it could do that), handed her the steering wheel, and said, "Hold this while I get money [for the tolls]" he almsot didn't get the steering wheel back on intime.

Another, I can't remember what car he was in then
One of those long dual highway type things, you see the same car next to you over and over again, well, he was bored, another girlfriend in the passenger seat with cheese doodles and there was this old couple in a big ol Cadillac tank (probably from the 60s or 70s) well, he had a bunch of cheese doodles, he stuck then like fangs in his mouth, stuck some in his nose, and out his ears, when the caddy was next to him again, he tapped the horn and looked over at them, they looked over, and promptly took off, my dad then proceded to eat the cheese doodles

Both of those girls broke up with my dad shortly thereafter
Back to the top

Re: 2 Short stories

Somehow not a surprising end to the story…  :D  ;D
Back to the top

Re: Dad's stories

I remembered another one he told me.
he had an all silver 58 Vette, his favorite car he ever owned. THe person he bought the car from had installed a maxed out 327 in her, she had a 4 Speed. My dad was leaving DuPont (Chambers Works if you know where it is, where Teflon was "invented") THere was no light there,m and when the shfts changed there was a cop there to direct traffic. My dad was up to leave, eased the Vette into first, and he accidently ended up spinning those tires for a quarter mile, right past the cop, smoke everywhere. Just another funny story with my one of my dad's cars.
there are more, I'll post them when I get more time, and as I remember them
Back to the top

Re: Dad's stories

Another I remembered
his 65 Impala:
Coming home from somewhere this time of year, he was cruising down some long stretch of road, he hit a large of black ice, the IMpala went into a skid, did a complete 360, but just as he was going backwards, he was passed by a car trying to steer away from him in the other direction, just barely missing him, if he wad left a second earlier, he would've been hit
Back to the top

This is all good stuff from those simple, carefree, car days that I remember enjoying in the 60's.
Keep 'em coming.
David

On second thought……
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.