Skip navigation
Banner: Hostagator Web Hosting

Contract: Login Login / Search

The Route 66 KOA campground- Seligman, Arizona

The Route 66 KOA campground- Seligman, Arizona

Just a Glimpse of What Used To Be…
The Route 66 KOA campground, one mile East of Seligman, AZ, on Historic U. S. Route 66, about 50 miles West of Flagstaff, AZ, and 80 miles East of Kingman, AZ, just off of Interstate 40…

Staying here always reminds me of when I was a kid, because you never know what you will see.

Nobody travels this way anymore, although there is a small revival going on with the travel camps in the United States.  Everyone should take a stab at "roughing it" this way at least once…

There are pads for RV's, tent camping sites, and a few cabins for rent.  They've got a drop box if you happen to roll in late at night.

Plus, this campground has a couple of pictures of an AMC Hudson on a map on the shower room wall…  :)
mike
Back to the top

Re: The Route 66 KOA campground- Seligman, Arizona

Is that just off 40, as in watch the traffic go by?  I do recall staying at a KOA in AZ that was like that.  The tent area was close to the edge towards the highway.  I was traveling by bike early morning to late night until I got cross country, just pulling in to a campground, throwing up my tent and crashing until the sun came up.  I used that dropbox on every stop from NY to OR by way of CA.  8) 
Back to the top

Re: The Route 66 KOA campground- Seligman, Arizona

Yup, 40 is close enough to hear and see if you want to.  It's not more than a mile or two away…  There's an exit from I-40 on the west end of town, just a couple of miles down Main Street America, then a mile out of town.  But east of Seligman, the next interchange to I-40 is about 20 miles or so.
mike
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.