Skip navigation
Tractor Supply Company

Contract: Login Login / Search

IRC Server

Rapid exchange of ideas in a non-permanent way

I have asked Iowa if AN IRC server/area would be something that would be of interest as I feel that it could ease the exchange of Ideas, and could be offered as something for ALL the AMC/Jeep forums as many people belong to many of them or at least lurk. o/ guilty. thanks you.
Back to the top

Yup, he has visited with me at the Nest and suggested this.  I don't know if this is something we could experiment with here, between the AMC Heritage Forum and the Nest ???  What do you think Mike.  I sure would not have any clue on how to do this.

AMC Eagle Evolution Forums and Wiki http://forums.amcevolution.com/index.php
Back to the top

I know this is an old topic, but just figured I should comment on it now that I have seen it.

I like the idea of an IRC chat system, except that The AMC Heritage Forum doesn't really have enough traffic to support such a system, as there is hardly ever two people on the site at one time.  

Possibly if we could figure out a third place to host it from, then the Nest could be an available place for anybody who is online here to chat with those folks.  I do believe the Nest is busy enough to find something like this useful, but as I recall it has already been tried over there and not too many people used the chat system.  

It requires enough people who actually want to use it to make it worth the effort involved.  Chat systems are notoriously unreliable and take a bit of maintenance to keep running, plus they tend to have the software updated frequently to address security issues, and that requires a lot of effort to keep up with as well.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.