Skip navigation
Tractor Supply Company

Contract: Login Login / Search

Oceana, WV - 1968

Oceana, WV - 1968

Unnamed dealership located on Main Street in Oceana, WV.

Visit the 1977 Hornet AMX Registry at CarNutDirect.com
Back to the top

Re: Oceana, WV - 1968

Today I found this street scene from Oceana in the early '70s. If you look closely you can see the AMC sign to the right as well as a couple of AMCs parked on the street. Kind of makes me believe that somewhere somebody has a period photo of every AMC dealership that ever operated. We just have to find them!

Back to the top

Wow! That is a sparse showroom. Just the basics. That's an amazing street view too. Where did you find it??? I think that's a '70 Rebel SST on the far left side of the picture. At least it looks like one, with the dual headlights & the wide trim on the front fender & door. Never heard of Oceana, I'll have to find it on a map.
Back to the top

Every so often I Google "AMC dealership" or "Rambler dealership" to see what comes up. These photos came from an Oceana community website.

Back to the top

Otis Cook was the owner and went to Chrysler Dodge Plymouth after AMC left.  He also owned the Ford dealership.  He was open at the Chrysler store until the mid to late 90's.  I used to sell parts to his parts manager, he did not allow employees buy where they worked.  His son ran a used car lot until he went to Flordia.  I am from Mullens and that is about 25 miles from Oceana.

Back to the top

The Plymouth in the foreground is passing a '67 Ambassador two-dr. parked at the curb.  Those were the days.

Mark

'71 Hornet SC/360<br />President, Southern Nevada AMC Club<br />Boulder City, NV<br />Gateway to Hoover Dam
Back to the top

eaglesx4 said

Otis Cook was the owner and went to Chrysler Dodge Plymouth after AMC left.  He also owned the Ford dealership.  He was open at the Chrysler store until the mid to late 90's.  I used to sell parts to his parts manager, he did not allow employees buy where they worked.  His son ran a used car lot until he went to Flordia.  I am from Mullens and that is about 25 miles from Oceana.
Terrific background info for this dealership, thanks!!! The original photos were apparently posted by a relative of Otis Cook.

Back to the top

It's great to actually see AMC's parked at the Main Street curb again…
Back to the top

eaglesx4,
        I didn't know you were from Mullens, I have ate T Bud & Henry's several times. I have two sisters that live in Oceana.
                                                                                  Eddie
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.